Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

peewee CC level game.

• November 30, 2019 12:29 AM EST

ST. Nike Air Max Plus France . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Ted Ligety of the United States put together two nearly flawless runs in difficult conditions to win a World Cup giant slalom on Sunday, the last mens race before the Sochi Olympics. Ligety, a two-time world champion in the event, overcame poor visibility to finish a massive 1.51 seconds faster than Marcel Hirscher of Austria in the combined time. "Its so tough when you cant see anything, it makes it so much more tiring. Im glad I was able to make it to the finish line," said Ligety, who posted the fastest time in both runs. The convincing win boosted Ligetys Olympic hopes. "Its nice to get in another good race and I hope I can carry that confidence over the next two weeks," Ligety said. Hirscher jumped from third to second, while Alexis Pinturault of France fell from second to third after both heats to finish 1.69 seconds behind Ligety. "The second run was definitely very good, but the first run, to be one and a half seconds behind, was nothing for me," Hirscher said. As fog shrouded the middle section of the course, Ligety raced to his 21st career victory and his third in a giant slalom this season. He also has a victory in a super combined this year. Ligety won the first two giant slaloms of the season, with Hirscher getting the next two. Felix Neureuther of Germany, winner of the previous giant slalom race, skipped the event to rest a painful back before the Olympics. Hirscher still stayed atop the giant slalom standings and took the lead overall as Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway fell in the second heat. Hirscher is now 58 points ahead of Svindal. The Austrian has a 95-point lead over Pinturault in giant slalom standings, while Ligety is five points behind the Frenchman. "It was a very difficult slope but I am pleased because I stayed on the podium," Pinturault said. Ligety explained his big margin of victory by taking a different line. "When its bumpy like this, I dont go so straight, I go a bit closer to the gates. A little mistake will cost you a lot on a course like this," Ligety said. Bode Miller of the United States hit a rut and crashed out about halfway into the first run. Miller won the giant slalom title at the 2003 World Championships, the last time men raced in St. Moritz. The 36-year-old American said he was ready for his fifth Olympics, despite Sundays mishap. "My skiing is generally pretty solid now," Miller said. "There were already big holes in some places when I went down and you cant see where they are and the coaches cant tell you where they are. The guys making it down were skiing very conservatively, trying not to crash and not to make mistakes. Ted is the only one really who skied normally. "I didnt want to be 2.5 seconds behind and so tried to ski normally. But I had big problems from the start," Miller said. Fog forced the cancellation of Saturdays downhill and threatened the giant slalom as well. The start of the second run was delayed by half an hour and there was a long break before the last 11 racers. Air Max 90 Homme Soldes . -- Quarterback Josh Johnson has returned to the San Francisco 49ers and his former college coach, Jim Harbaugh. Nike Air Max 270 React Soldes . Third-place Madrid fell behind and settled for a 2-2 draw earlier at Osasuna in a match both sides finished with 10 men, and Barcelona didnt let the chance escape. Barcelona, still without the injured Lionel Messi, again turned to Neymar after his hat trick against Celtic in the Champions League on Wednesday to convert a penalty on the half-hour mark and restore the lead in the 68th after Villarreal levelled.MONTREAL -- Hockey Canada and Hockey Quebec are bring sued by a player who was seriously injured in the head with a stick during a peewee CC level game. Alexis Turcotte and his mother Annie have also named the Basques minor hockey association, part of the Lower St-Lawrence minor hockey league, as well as the alleged aggressor in their civil lawsuit. The lawsuit filed Monday in Quebec Superior Court seeks $370,000 in damages, including $50,000 in punitive damages. Lawyer Jean-Pierre Menard said he believes this is the first lawsuit of its kind in that it also targets hockey associations. The incident allegedly happenned during a game on Nov. Air Max Pas Cher En Ligne. 27, 2010, in Amqui. Turcotte allegedly was hit from behind when play was stopped and fell to the ice. The then-11-year-old was reportedly hit again in the face. He collapsed on the ice and stayed there for several minutes before being taken to hospital. Menard said the boy, now 14, had to wear a brace for three months and couldnt play. He also has no memory of the event. The lawyer says he suffered severe pain and finds it difficult to concentrate. Hockey Canada had no comment on the lawsuit and Hockey Quebec did not immediately respond to requests for comment. ' ' '